STOP
TERROR
STOP
TORTURE
OUT
OF IRAQ
 
 

Monday, March 13, 2006

There Are Children Here Somewhere -- I Can Smell Them

Once again, an aging white man calls dibs on women's wombs:
U.S. Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, who often takes a conservative line on social issues, is facing a liberal Democratic primary challenge from wealthy Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont. But that hasn't stopped Lieberman from supporting the approach of the Catholic hospitals when it comes to contraceptives for rape victims.

Lieberman said he believes hospitals that refuse to give contraceptives to rape victims for "principled reasons" shouldn't be forced to do so. "In Connecticut, it shouldn't take more than a short ride to get to another hospital," he said.
How fucking sick do you have to be, first off, to tell a woman who was just raped that she isn't as important as her rapist's potential unborn child?

How stupid and insensitive do you have to be, secondly, to say that, if she doesn't want to carry the rapist's potential unborn child, she should go down the street to the next hospital?

And how deeply in denial do you have to be, thirdly, to say these things and call yourself a Democrat? An American? A human being?

Joe must go.

Comments:
That's totally ridiculous! My state is trying to pass a bill that makes it okay for pharmacists to withhold contraceptives and morning after pills on moral grounds. I don't know what this world is coming to... I do know that if I find my pharmacy of choice refuses to sell the products ordered by physicians, I will stop using them. I will also make sure others know about their "moral grounds".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?