Thursday, December 23, 2004
The Penis Is Evil -- The Penis Shoots Seeds, And Makes New Life, And Poisons The Earth With A Plague Of Men
Twenty-two percent of voters put moral values as their top concern in this election yet “Desperate Housewives” is a hot show. Do you see any disconnect there?So, to summarize:
You can put any kind of smut on television and you’ll get a lot of viewership. I have not seen this program but any time you have something that’s racy, you’re going to attract an audience. No question: there is a disconnect with the entertainment industry and the values of America.
The president seemed to signal that he was OK with civil unions in the last weeks of the campaign. Is your objection to marriage as a word?[...]
This was an issue that I think in this election where people finally said, “I’ve had it. I don’t want that agenda being forced and pushed and mandated on me.” You can’t legislate morality. [Emphasis mine.] A homosexual’s sins are no different than a heterosexual’s sins. If I go out tonight and I sleep with someone who’s not my wife, it’s just as great a sin as gay people [having sex]. Sin is sin.
What should the work of a Christian engaged in the world be?
If I just fed people and that’s all I did—if I clothed people and that’s all I did--I would be cheating people. I would be holding back the most important information that I have to give them. It would be a sin for me not to share with them my faith.
You were quoted a couple years ago as calling Islam an “evil and wicked religion.” Would you care to revisit that comment?
Those comments started a debate in this country. I don’t know what I can add to it. I respect the people of the Islamic faith that have come to this country. I have Muslim friends. But that doesn’t stop me from wanting to help them.
Talk about AIDS if you would. What work do you see that needs doing in that arena?
... When we use sex outside of how God intended sex to be used, we are at risk. People have to be educated as to what these risks are. What [distributing] condoms says is: “If you use this the risk is now dealt with. So enjoy sex however you want to use it because you’ll be safe.” Wrong, you’re not safe. And the only way you can be safe is to use sex as God intended: between a man and a woman in a married relationship. That’s not a message that the world wants to hear.
Do you support a constitutional ban on gay marriage?
Under normal circumstances, no. But the way judges are rewriting laws. I don’t know how else you can stop them.
Was Brown v. Board of Education a case of activist judges making their own law?
I don’t know; I’m not familiar with it.
- There is a huge market for smut, but people don't want to watch it.
- You can’t legislate morality. Which doesn't explain why they keep trying to do so.
- Just feeding and clothing people is cheating them, because you're not sharing your faith.
- Rev. Franklin doesn't know what anybody expects him to do about being a bigot.
- Being a Muslim is a condition which requires help from a Christian.
- Being married to someone of the opposite sex prevents AIDS.
- We shouldn't ban gay marriage, but we shouldn't allow it either.
- A man who speaks in public forums on educational matters, particularly the "benefits" of home schooling vs. public schools, is not familiar with the 1954 court ruling legalizing school integration.
My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.